Do you want a back that commands attention? A back that is both strong and powerful? Look no further than Arnold Schwarzenegger and his legendary back workout. Throughout his bodybuilding career, Arnold was known for his awe-inspiring back, and for good reason. His carefully crafted workout routine targeted every muscle group in his back, resulting in a sculpted and chiseled rear view. In this blog post, we’re going to delve into arnold schwarzenegger back workout routine to help you achieve your own Schwarzenegger-worthy back.
1. Warm-up: Arnold always started out with a warm-up to get his blood flowing and his muscles loosened up. His go-to warm-up was to perform 25 chin-ups, taking breaks as needed. If you can’t do a full chin-up yet, start by using a resistance band or assistive machine until you build up the necessary strength.
2. Wide-Grip Pull-Ups: Arnold’s back workout always included wide-grip pull-ups to target the lats. He would start out doing 4 sets of 10 reps, gradually increasing the weight with each set. Make sure to keep your elbows flared out and focus on pulling your shoulder blades down as you lift yourself up.
3. Seated Cable Rows: Next up were seated cable rows, which Arnold would do for 5 sets of 10 reps. Arnold made sure to focus on going all the way forward to really hit the upper back muscles. Use a V-bar handle grip to target the middle back muscles, or switch things up with a straight bar or rope grip.
4. T-Bar Rows: One of Arnold’s signature back exercises was the T-bar row. He would do these for 4 sets of 12 reps, using a heavy weight to really engage the lower lats. Arnold would lean his chest forward to make sure the tension was on the lats and not on the arms. If you don’t have access to a T-bar machine, you can use a barbell in a corner and secure it with a towel or pad to protect your body.
5. Deadlifts: Last but not least, Arnold would finish his back workout with deadlifts, doing 4 sets of 10 reps. Deadlifts work the entire back, but Arnold made sure to do them with perfect form to prevent injury. He would start with a light weight and gradually work up to a heavy weight, maintaining proper posture throughout the exercise.
Arnold Schwarzenegger’s back workout is a challenging routine that targets all major muscle groups in your back. It requires dedication and consistency to achieve his level of back development, but by incorporating these exercises into your workout routine, you’ll be on your way to a strong and powerful back that commands attention. Remember to always warm up properly and practice good form with each exercise to prevent injury. So, what are you waiting for? Put on your workout clothes and get to the gym to start chiseling your very own Schwarzenegger-worthy back!